December 20, 2022
From the Cocinerita website: http://www.cocinerita.com/cauliflower-fritters-tortitas-coliflor/
1 medium size head cauliflower
1/3 cup AP Flour
2 Large Eggs
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 tbs Cornmeal
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt
5 tbs Nutritional Yeast
Fresh Cilantro, chopped (2 tbs)
Fresh Black Pepper
11. Break down the cauliflower florets and cook it either by steaming or simmering in water for 5 minutes.
22. Drain the water and while it’s still warm, chop the cauliflower in tiny pieces (or use a food processor)
33. Mix the cauliflower with the spices, garlic and cilantro.
44. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add to cauliflower mixture along with corn meal, flour and nutritional yeast.
55.Heat up a pan with 2 tbs of oil (I used coconut oil) and fry 3-4 (depending on the size of your pan).
66. Cook until golden grown on each side for a few minutes.