Stay With Me: Summer CSA ’17 – Week # 18
My dear veggie lover,
I received your letter the other day. It breaks my heart that you want to leave our relationship. It’s my hope that you’ll read this letter and I may be able to convince you to stay.
I think I can change. In fact, I know I can change in ways that will keep you happy in our relationship. Just hear me out.
First, I want to thank you so much for telling me all the things you do love about our relationship in addition to the things you don’t. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed how down to earth we can be. How being together just feels so real and ties us into the natural cycles of life, into things much larger than ourselves. I love that too.
You also said that our relationship feels really healthy overall. I agree.
I’m also so glad to hear that you mostly have fun with me. And that I challenge you to try new things and be more bold and adventurous. You see how I try to help you in that journey and you appreciate it. So glad. Thanks for telling me!
Okay, now to address what you don’t like about us. Despite all the good things, you told me that sometimes you just wish you had more control, more say. You said that very often I call all the shots in our relationship and you wish it wasn’t so one-sided. You said that most times you don’t mind that I make all the decisions, and you are generally pleased with them, but over time it has started to eat at you a little. You feel like you never get a choice in things, and you find yourself wishing you could have some say – even just a little. Most importantly, you said that this lack of say sometimes makes you feel pretty overwhelmed, making it hard to find joy in the good things you do like about us.
I get it. I hear you, and you are right. So far our relationship has been dominated by my choices. I totally understand your viewpoint and your desire. And I think I know how to change it.
I’m wondering if you’d be willing to stay with me as we try out a new relationship? I’ve found a way to change, and I promise it won’t take away all the good things you like about us. This new way will let us keep our relationship and give you the additional say that you want. I’m so very confident that I can change for you for the better. Just please give me a chance.
* Mock love letter aside, Crossroads is proud to announce that next year we will be shifting to a system that will allow you to customize your box!
Here’s how it will work:
- Like us just the way we are? Perfect. You can still have a standard CSA share that we pack and deliver to you, just as we have always done. You don’t have to do anything differently if you don’t want to.
- Want a little more room for choice? You will now be able to see what our standard CSA box will be for the week ahead of time, and customize it to your liking by swapping out items you don’t like for items you do. You’ll be able to swap out items you don’t like for other items we have available in our online store – think online swap box with additional options. This way you won’t have any waste in veggies or in value. Don’t want eggplant this week? You can use our mobile/desktop online store to swap out the eggplant for something you like more, like more sweet corn or extra cucumbers. Then we’ll pack your box and deliver it to your site just as we have always done.
If you’re on the fence about joining again next season, please consider staying with us as we enter into the world of customization. Most customers leave CSA because they get too many items they don’t like or use. That doesn’t have to happen anymore!
In the Box:
- Acorn Squash
- Head Lettuce
- Onion, Bottle
- Salad Turnips OR Beauty Heart Radish
- Sweet Peppers
- Delicata Squash
- Red Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Bok Choi
- Daikon Radish
- Sweet Potatoes
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Bread, Cheese, & Bacon
- Asian Noodle Stir-Fry with Cilantro and Broccoli
- Fuss-less Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Roasted Squash Radish Salad
- Butternut Apple Calzones
- Hashed Sweet Potato Cakes
- Fried Rice with Bok Choi or Tatsoi
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Roasted Fennel and Beets
- Burrito Drive Pickled Radishes