Components of Job:
- Daily physical field work, including: transplanting, row-covering, weeding, harvesting, washing, and packing
- Working at a fast pace
- Working outside in all weather conditions
- Frequent heavy lifting of 25-50 pounds
- Working with others in a crew, as well as supervising volunteers
- Taking and following verbal instruction.
- At least one full season on a vegetable farm or other farm experience
- Ability to appropriately balance speed and quality of work
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Able to move body efficiently with sufficient stamina
We believe in paying a living wage. Pay starts at Madison’s 2022 Living Wage Rate, which is $14.01/hour. The season-end bonus brings typically brings that up to $15.01/hour starting.
- Access to surplus organic produce
- $100 work gear stipend
- Season-end bonus, typically $1/hour worked
- Optional retirement IRA with farm match
- All full-time positions span from mid-June through September. A smaller number of these positions start earlier (like mid-May) and span later, with full-time hours going through October and November.
- Part-time positions typically run from June through August, but sometimes longer.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
We value diversity in our workforce just as we value diversity on the land, for many of the same reasons. A range of cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds gives us the variety of experiences and perspectives that make us stronger, more resilient, and better able to cope with the many challenges that come with doing our work. Women, people of color, individuals with a
disability, and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply HERE on our online form (it’s pretty short and asks you to attach your resume/job history). Qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
Application Deadline: We are accepting applications and conducting interviews until all positions are filled, usually into mid April.