5 Minutes on the Farm: CSA ’16 – Week #14
Two Random Bits:
1. We are currently hosting a 1 question survey that explores whether you would like to change to a ‘partially determined, market-style’ CSA share. In other words, you’d still pick up at your regular CSA pick-up site, but we’d set up a table with your vegetable choices. Sometimes you’d be able to choose one type of veggie over another, or more or less of certain items… or sometimes we’d just tell you exactly what to take. The idea is to give you a greater degree of choice in your CSA box. Tell us if you like this idea… or not! Click here.
2. Julie Garrett, formerly of the Fairshare CSA Coalition, is now producing a sweet little radio program called 5 minutes on the farm. It airs on WORT. Check out the story she did on us, called Sweet Corn and Sweet Soil at Crossroad Community Farm! You can listen to the audio file and see lots of beautiful pictures of our farm, crew, and the food we grow. We hope you enjoy. Thanks, Julie!!
In the Box:
- Bell Pepper, Red
- Bok Choi
- Carmen Sweet Peppers
- Head Lettuce
- Yellow Sweet Pepper, either Bell or Escamillo
- Kale, Green Curly
- Parsley, Italian
- Potato, White
Three Meals to Use Your Box:
A new idea! I’ll share three recipes each week that can help you use most all of your veggies up! Use the linked recipe as the base, but adjust recipe with veggies I suggest.
- Vegetable Hash with Beets, Potatoes, Sweet Peppers, & Kale –
- Mexican Lasagna with fresh tomatoes, sweet peppers, lettuce, & cilantro
- Stuffed Peppers with bok choi, rice, bean (or meat) mixture, topped with cheese
- Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers
- Smothered Vinegar Pork Shoulder with Apples and Kale
- Sweet Onion Risotto with Sauteed Kale
- Tomatoes with Parsley Pesto
Wednesday, Sept. 7th – Everyother Group B